Looking To Make An Impact In And Outside Of First MB Students?
Choose one or two of these teams:
This tech-savvy and service minded team works behind the scenes for AXIS and special events. The main purpose is to set up and clean up for AXIS but you will also be running tech for the Sunday night ministry. They need to be able to notice details, be willing to clean, follow directions well, and strives for excellence.
Meets: Serves on a rotating team, meets once a semester for training.
The face of Student IMPACT. This friendly, people-oriented will provide a welcoming and inviting environment for all to enjoy. This is a great team for anyone to join!
Meets: Servings on a rotating team and meets once a month for training.
The program team supports everything that happens on the stage. They work with the worship band, give announcements, makes videos, even teach! This team also helps come up with teaching series, events, and topics.
Meets: Once a month (first Sunday of the month) and when needed.
How To Join Student IMPACT Team:
- Prayerfully consider all the student leadership standards and which team you desire.
- Talk with your family and evaluate your commitments and priorities.
- Fill out the application below and Pastor Kyle will follow up.
Student Leadership Retreat at Oasis Ranch
Friday, August 9 at 4:45pm to Saturday, August 10 at 8pm
(Click the logo to register)
This is for any student who is on the Student Impact team. We will be staying overnight at Oasis Ranch (23515 W Trail West Rd, Plevna, KS) about 50 minutes away. We have stay at this place the past two years for this retreat. We will be carpooling out there so we will meet at the church and return at the church. All meals and snacks will be provided. Oasis has two separate rooms for male and female sleeping and we will have 1 male and 1 female leaders attending this retreat.
What to Bring: Bible, tennish shoes, sunscreen, change of clothes, toiletries. (bedding and pillows are provided)
The Student IMPACT Standards:
Jesus equipped and empowered his disciples to be salt and light to change the world. Student leaders are examples of the faith and is watched. Since leaders are watch we have standards in place to promote leadership, teamwork, commitment, and success. Since student leaders are to be examples in faith, conduct, and purity we ask each student leader to agree to these standards. Remember we do not expect perfection, but we need to keep in mind when in leadership we will be looked at more closely.
- I acknowledge the Lordship of Jesus Christ in my life and have a personal relationship with Him.
- I am committed to connecting with other students and being an example through involvement and attendance in AXIS, Small Groups, and #THEHEADLINE Events.
- I am committed to continue my spiritual growth through a personal quiet time with God, staying accountable in a small group, apply Scripture to my life, and sharing Jesus both in words and deeds to the world around me.
- I am committed to making an effort to bring friends to our services and events because I believe in what God is doing in our student ministry.
- I am committed to serving when I am scheduled to be there and will let a leader know if I can not make it. And when I am not scheduled to serve I will support and be a proper example to those who are serving.
- I am committed to being an example of Christ in my attitude, speech, dating relationships, and social media outlets. I will reflect Jesus Christ and First MB Students well in these areas. I acknowledge leadership causes people to watch me closer and I understand that leaders who do or post inappropriate things will no longer be leaders in our student ministry.
- I am committed to stepping up, be challenged in my faith, and take ownership of the student ministry.
High Requirements Have High Rewards:
Yes, we are asking a lot from our student leaders and because of this, we realize leadership isn’t for everyone. If student leadership isn’t for you, don’t worry about it. Not being involved in student leadership isn’t necessarily a measure of your spiritual maturity. We are committed to you and want to help you continue to grow spiritually regardless of your involvement with leadership.
However, there are benefits! Part of the high rewards is students receive more intense and personal time with our adult leaders. We also have planned special retreats and training opportunities for the student leadership that other students will not receive. A student leader will also be connected to a special community that will be a resource of laughter, encouragement, and support. Finally, a student leader will help with the overall planning, changing, and implementing many aspects of the First MB Student Ministry! They will get to decide and know things other students won’t. You will see “behind the curtain” so to speak.