Questions about Name Change or Building Project
The staff, Leadership Board, and several volunteers have been feeling the Holy Spirit stirring our hearts and preparing our minds for big changes for our church family. These upcoming days will require prayer, risk, and surrender, but we aim to move forward together with unity and joy.
Most of these big changes center around our renewed desire to reach young adults. Our church has not been very effective in reaching young families in recent years, and we want to make significant strides to reach this group that is often overlooked in the church. Yes, the future success of our church family requires young leaders, but this is also a "soul" issue. Our community has thousands of young adults who don't know Jesus, and we believe this is a crucial Kingdom calling tied to our church's mission of helping people find and follow Jesus.
While we anticipate many smaller tweaks and adjustments, this "new day" is really built around two significant changes:
- A building expansion project to our current facility
- Changing our name
We understand this is a big deal. Buildings are expensive and names are important. As we move forward together through these changes, know this:
There are many things that aren't changing.
- We are committed to our Mennonite Brethren denomination and our heritage.
- We are committed to sound, biblical theology.
- We are committed to our current members and attenders, even in this pursuit of reaching those currently outside our congregation.
- We are committed to transparency, open discussion, and dialogue.
We recognize you probably have questions, and we earnestly seek your wisdom throughout this process.
Have more questions? We will be hosting several Town Hall meetings to address your questions and provide more details.
- Name Change Town Hall #1: Thursday, October 17 at 7:00 p.m.
- Building Project Town Hall #1: Thursday, October 24 at 7:00 p.m.
- Name Change Town Hall #2: Tuesday, November 12 at 7:00 p.m.
- Building Project Town Hall #2: Tuesday, November 19 at 7:00 p.m.
For each of these meetings, nursery care will be available for kids 3 and under.
You are also welcome to submit questions through the forms below. If you provide your name and email address, we will do our best to get back to you quickly.
None of these changes will be made without the church's approval. There will be several rounds of votes throughout this process, and your input will be crucial with each step. The first vote will take place on Sunday morning, November 24. That day we will vote whether we should change our name or not, and if we should move forward with a building campaign or not. After those votes, we will continue to work on a more detailed plan for future steps and proposed timelines.
Through this process, we aim to move forward together with unity and prayer. None of these decisions will be made without your voice and your vote. As we process these changes, please join us in prayer as we seek God's direction for this exciting new day!