Students Covid Response
The New Normal:
Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near. “ Hebrews 10:24-25 NLT The first-century Christians knew about a new normal, and that is why I think verses like Hebrews 10:24-25 is so important. In the face of all uncertainty and what seems like weekly bad news the author of Hebrews encourages us to do a few things:
- First, we are to “hold tightly, without wavering to the hope we affirm.” What hope is that? It’s the hope that God always keeps his promises. This is the heart of faith.
- Second, when the world seems so divided and the world wonders where that kind of faith even fits the author reminds us to keep it simple. “Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works”. Now is the time for believers to shine brightly with faith, hope, and love.
- The third and final thing we are to do is “not to neglect our meeting together” This is a challenge today as much as it was in the 1st century. Although technology has allowed us to connect with each other more easily and frequently; digital connections will never fully replace face to face interaction. The question is how can we do this safely and effectively.
With this new normal we will do our best to adjust to the ever-changing circumstances and try to reach and connect with as many students as we can. With every family being different we will try to offer a wider variety of discipleship options but understand that we might not be able to offer everything your student/family needs. Please know some adjustments will need to be made with everyone involved. But our goal is to provide a worthwhile, fun, and safe environment for students to find and follow Jesus. Things are changing on what seems like a daily basis. So even though we have a plan things might change at a moment's notice, so please follow us on social media (join our parent's Facebook groups AXIS or AMPLIFY), and make sure you are staying up-to-date by receiving our monthly eNewsletter. Here are some of our student ministry’s recommendations for this summer as we adjust to start meeting again physically:
Limiting Physical Contact
- Encourage no handshaking by greeters and we will provide more space between our seats in our rooms.
- Doors will be propped open, as much as possible to avoid touching door handles.
- We will be limited seating options for both AXIS and AMPLIFY to practice social distancing as best we can.
- Automated hand sanitizing stations will be provided
- The cleaning of counters, check-in stations, and chairs will be much more frequent.
Recommended Guidelines (Masks)
- As long as the state of Kansas and First MB Church recommends wearing masks so will all of student ministry.
- If a student doesn't have or forget a mask we will have free masks available.
- When eating meals/snacks masks will be allowed to be down until after the meal.
We are asking all small group leaders, students, and anyone else who comes on Sunday nights to stay home if they have any COVID-19 replated symptoms.
Physically attend school = physically attend AXIS or AMPLIFY
1. If you are quarantined from school, please don't physically attend any student ministry event
2. Please let us know if your student gets quarantined, so we can still connect with them
If there is any exposure at AXIS, we will be sending out an email and updating our parent Facebook groups with the details (AXIS or AMPLIFY). Please make sure you are receiving our SCOOP newsletters and having joined the groups.
New Ministry Options:
Looking for a way to stay connected and grow in your faith all while being online? Then AXIS Online is for you! AXIS, our high school ministry, that meets in person on Sundays at 6:30pm. But we know in this new normal, due to Covid-19, being in person is not an option every week for every student. AXIS online is what we call an "online campus" where students can still be a part of the student ministry just in a digital format. We will have an adult leader that will lead the discussion but students are encouraged to ask questions. All grades and genders will be in one group.
Click the logo for more information.
AMPLIFY Updates (New)
Our middle school director, Jenn, will be uploading different challenges and such each week over our Amplify Instagram account (@Amplify316). These will be for students and for families as we continue to navigate this new normal.