At First MB, one of our core priorities is to serve somewhere, because we believe we have gifts designed to help others. If you're looking for a place to serve, we'd love to help you find a position that fits your gifting and time commitments.
Whatever your interests are and whatever your skill level is, we have plenty of spots for servant-hearted people looking to make a difference at our church, in our city, and around our world.
Current top volunteer opportunities:
Facilities. Contact Jamie at firstname.lastname@example.org in interested.
- Team Member. We are looking for volunteer to help from 5-9 PM each Monday evening. Responsibilities would include offering assistance to those meeting at First MB, unlocking and locking up doors, and adjusting thermostats.
First MB Kids. Contact Kimberly at email@example.com if interested.
- Door greeters. Welcome and greet families. These greeters offer a friendly welcome and help kids get checked in and shown where to go if they have questions.
- Sunday Morning Worship. Kids Worship Hosts are needed to emcee the morning large group time and lead the game and worship songs.
- Wednesday Night. Leaders who can sub and fill in when and where they are needed. Like playing games? We would love to have more help with the games on Wednesday night!
Media. Contact Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
- Tech Team. We need more Sunday morning tech volunteers. Generally serves once a month, from 7:30 am - noon. No experience is necessary and training is provided. The positions are lights, cameras, and ProPresenter (song lyrics).
Student Ministry. For more information visit firstmbchurch.org/volunteer/students
- Axis Meal Team. Help provide a meal for our axis on Sunday nights.
Welcome Team. Contact Jana at email@example.com if interested.
- Desk Hosts. We are looking for 4-5 people to serve one Sunday a month, approximately 3 hours on a Sunday morning. This team helps new people acclimate to surroundings and answer questions or find the answers.
- Greeters. Be the first one to greet those attending at the door. Greeters serve for a 25 min. time slot on Sunday morning, one Sunday a month.
Sunday Worship. Contact Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
- Communion Servers. We are in need of people to serve communion on Sundays throughout the year! You will receive email invitations to sign-up as a server, and you can choose to sign up for communion Sundays based on your availability. For any Sunday you serve, you would need to arrive for instructions 10 minutes before the service in which you are serving.
Sunday morning hosts: Here is your monthly schedule.